Wednesday, February 13, 2008

WTF?!

I didn't think it was possible. But the University of South Florida made Syracuse look like a JV team tonight. (Yes, I'm posting this with 5 and change left in the game. I'm a realist. Not an Idiot.) Trust me, I want to be one of those fans who claims they "didn't stop believing until the end!" But, I've seen my share of college basketball games, as well as my share of Orange contests... it's not in the cards tonight.

I want to know whether or not anyone can remember a worse loss for the Orange? Here's why.

1. South Florida is the worst team in the Big East. No excuse.
2. The talent on USF is to the talent on Syracuse as the talent on Virginia is to the talent on North Carolina. (harsh, but true)
3. Double-digit deficit throughout the game.
4. Syracuse had much more to play for.
5. The Orange had much more to lose.
6. If you watched it... the way they were manhandled, outplayed, out hustled, and out driven makes me sick.

Citrus Nation: Kiss the NCAA's good-bye. (unless we win out)

The one good thing about this game is that it is proof my equation from previous post works. (I WOULD HAVE LOVED IT IF IT DIDN'T)

2 comments:

Jameson Fleming said...

These guys don't have to win out. They need 20 wins and they are in. The field of potential teams isn't that deep compared to last year.

If they get to 20 wins then they will have won some really quality games.

OrangeFreak said...

I agree (as I commented to you on Cuseadelphia). It is a much weaker field this year. Quality wins are a must have tho, and this team has PLENTY of opportunities to get them. I even am beginning to think if they get 3 out of 6 against the right teams (G'town, @ND, and @L'ville) they could get in with one win in the BE tourney. We'll just have to see what happens.