Friday, February 8, 2008

The Wright Stuff... kinda




To begin with, the poll has closed, and an amazing 13% of you readers miss the disservices of Josh Wright. It's amazing only because I thought that was a high percentage.




And Dougie has struck again. I wouldn't exactly say that I would put the 'cuse in the tournament if I were on the committee, but I certainly don't need Doug Gottlieb to answer the question for me. We all know his answer. It's like asking Bill Belicheat about spygate. Dougie's going to say three things, in no particular order, and not word for word, but that go something like this,




"Well, you can't fault Syracuse all the teams they've playe outside their conference suck."

"Devendorf would help, but remember, the committee won't take injuries into account."


"They can play their way in, but as of right now, they're out."



All of which translate into:




"I fucking hate Syracuse for no reason. I don't know their team that well. In fact, I hardly watch them. I'm paid to sit here and make what seem to be major decisions with no real knowledge or understanding of the teams... just of numbers that hardly ever really mean shit. I only do this cuz i missed out on my big break of being a hobbit in 'The Fellowship of the Ring.' WHAT DOES RPI STAND FOR?!"




Jay Bilas made a good point, citing that the Orange had only 1 win against the RPI top 50, while Indiana has 0. Also, as NunesMagician pointed out, the Orange are the only team IN THE NATION not to play a team with an RPI of 200 or above (201, 202, etc.).




Finally, sorry blog readers (all six of you), but I never got to blogging about this year's football recruiting class. I wanted to, and I know it's important, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I think all us SU fans can understand why. Besides, I don't like getting too hyped about high school athletes going to D-1 schools. We never really know how good most of them are going to be until they're playing against better competition than 17 year old pizza-faced, grocery baggers.




Case and point--------:


No comments: