Wednesday, February 13, 2008

After some careful thought, chatter with some friends, and a good, long talk with Poppa Orange (my father, who has seen far more games than me), I can't change my stance on tonight's monumental loss. It's simply one of the worst EVER.

No, it's not a loss to 15th seeded Richmond in the first round of the NCAA's.

And no, it's not a loss to Vermont in the first round either.

It's not Keith Smart at the buzzer.

It's not Dee Brown fumbling at the goal line against NC State (Whoops, sorry, that's football).

It's not a 20 pt. loss at home.

It's not a home loss to a D 1-AA team (sorry, Michigan).

But, it's pretty friggin' bad.

The remaining games are, in no particular order, G'town, @ L'ville, @ SH, Marquette, @ ND, and Pitt.... the worst of the 3 six game stretches during the Big East season.

The orange are 6-6 in conference. They were just beaten by the worst team in the conference (don't argue otherwise, you're delaying your disappointment). Tonight they proved one thing... they can lose to any Big East team on the road.

Stats won't tell the story of this game. Unless you watched it, you have no idea how brutal it was. The defense took 5 steps backwards. Onuaku looked like a 170 lb. girl. Scoop looked lost. And Paul Harris looked... bad.

But you want to know the worst part? You want to know what really stings?...

....it's the chant I'll have to listen to for another offseason. The dreded 3 letters that Hoyas, Huskies, and Panthers alike will jab into us for at least the next 8 months....

N-I-T.....N-I-T.....N-I-T......N-I-T

1 comment:

dkelz1888 said...

Uconn will have no right to talk at all about us. We are in the same boat they were last season, except we are at least good enough to make the NIT. They couldn't even do that last year.

I look forward to bouncing them from the BET for a fourth year in a row this March.